Or waterfountains, whatever. Today’s outfit post taught me three important lessons:
One: I need to work on my modeling. My go-to pose for solo shots is a hammy smile and double thumbs up (imagine a fanny-packed Asian tourist in Times Square). I had to somber up significantly for these shots, which I did so by thinking about Kim Kardashian plucking Baby North’s eyebrows, the strides I personally have made towards world peace, and the fact that fashion bloggers don’t smile, duh. I think I’ll be requiring some props.
Two: Aforementioned water fountains, while adding significant charm to my East Village backyard, photograph like rat-infested, dirty pools of bathwater. Thus, scouting for a shooting location will continue to be a work in progress.
Three: This blazer, you guys. Unlike the water fountains, this blazer photographs fantastically. I picked it up on a whim random shop in Santa Monica last year for right around $50 and it has become a favorite structured staple. One of my happiest shopping accidents to date, I’d say (this means a lot from a girl who has as many shopping “accidents” as I).
Outfit details & links after the jump.
- Sunglasses: Prada (buy em)
- Blazer: Loveriche via random shop in Santa Monica
- Button Down: Equipment (buy it collarless like mine, or classic & collared)
- Purse: Alexander Wang (buy it)
- Jeans: Forever 21 (more on my love of Forever21 denim, or, my-jeans-cost-as-much-as-a-Chopt-salad, to come)
- Booties: Tibi (buy em for 65% off!)
- Necklace: Ann Taylor