My typical philosophy when it comes to getting dressed is “more is more.” A bit of a magpie at heart, I frequently don’t consider an outfit finished until I have piled on a plethora of bracelets or donned a statement necklace, and I can often be found running back into the apartment to grab just one last layer.
My boyfriend is of the opposite mindset. Although he supports my gypsy tendencies, I know I’ve gone too far when he cautiously raises one eyebrow, looks me up and down, and asks “you want to take blog photos in that?” This outfit was created with him, and the ever-patient boyfriends of fashion bloggers everywhere, in mind. Simple palate, simple layering, classic silhouettes–and no baubles, furs, harems or clogs to be seen (although I’m thinking if he had it his way entirely, I would be donning something less turteneck-esque).
You guys, I feel almost…chic.
Outfit credits after the jump.
- Sunglasses: Prada (last seen here, buy em here)
- Turtleneck: J.Crew (buy it here for over 50% off)
- Trench Vest: Forever 21 (not available online buy buy the winter version here, or check out this sick 3-in-1 DKNY version here)
- Coat: Michael Kors (last season, buy it here for 70% off!)
- Purse: Bottega Veneta (buy it here)
- Jeans: Forever 21 (last seen here, buy em here)
- Boots: Via Spiga (a black over-the-knee boot is a must have. Buy the Chinese Laundry version ($70!) here, spring for the Frye version ($362) here, or splurge on the Jimmy Choo version ($1,395) here)