As we were about to shoot these, my boyfriend and trusted photographer (thank you, boyfriend and trusted photographer), paused, looked me up and down, and asked: “can you do that?” “Do what?” I replied. “Put on two totally different patterns and pretend that they match just because they’re the same color?”
Well, unless a dragon and a snow leopard walked into a bar (I’m thinking a totally underground, Appalachian-type joint that makes all their cocktails to order) , made eye contact over their fourth artisinal whiskey, and woke up feeling really, really, weird about what had just transpired, no, I’m certainly not pretending they match. That being said, I’m fairly certain you can do that (she agrees. Her too).
Outfit credits after the jump.
- Sunglasses: Prada (last seen here, buy em here)
- Jacket: Helmut Lang (buy it here for 55% off, drool over additional Helmut Lang outerwear here)
- Skirt: Alice & Trixie (old, buy similar here from Rebecca Taylor or here from Nasty Gal)
- Purse: Rebecca Minkoff (buy it here. No, really, buy it here. After 2+ years, the M.A.B (it stands for ‘Morning After Bag’) remains my favorite satchel. It’s small enough to bring out for the evening, but large enough that it fits my MacBook, sneakers, and work essentials during the day. If you are ever in need of an actual Morning After Bag, it is especially sufficient, roomily housing last night’s heels and bodycon dress while you make your way to the office dressed in the Ann Taylor duds you picked up at 8AM that morning–I remain convinced that chicks who couldn’t make it back to their apartment on Thursday night are the only reason the Rock Center Ann Taylor opens at that early an hour. For those of us lucky enough to work in casual offices, the Forever 21 in Times Square has saved many a walk-of-shamer with it’s 8AM-2AM opening hours, as well. It’s also a great place to question whether society has reached a breaking point and wonder if our grandchildren will all be metallic crop-top wearing fem-bots. But re-thinking all of vodka and humanity’s questionable decisions aside, for the price point, I couldn’t recommend the quality or design of this bag more highly)
- Tights: Spanx (buy em here, read about my love of Spanx tights here. Summary: they make you look skinny and you can pee without taking ’em off!)
- Booties: Vince Camuto (last seen here, buy em here)