Florals aren’t typically my thing: I tend to shy away from most patterns that aren’t dots, stripes, otherwise geometric or resembling the hide of an animal. When I saw this fluttery DVF top on sale, its’ asymmetrical hem, ruffled details, and darker hue inspired me to decide to make dressing like a girl work. I layered on my favorite trusted blacks (leather shorts and my beloved cocoon coat), which happily did the trick and eased my concern at actually appearing (gasp) ladylike.
On a separate note, yesterday I received my first piece of questionable fan mail (one step closer in my quest to be an internet celebrity! Take that, Jen Selter) in the form of a blog post comment stating: “I think you need to get rid of the sunglasses and show us your beautiful eyes.” Well, Mom (are you my mom? I assume you are my mom), first of all, thank you for calling my eyes beautiful, and second, I am trying, but it’s sunny, and I haven’t yet mastered a squint that makes me appear seductive rather than shocked/stricken/moderately stoned, so bear with me for a few more posts while I spend the remainder of my free time practicing sexy half-smiles and hungry eyes in the mirror.
If you are not my mom, thank you, because you made my day, in a I-hope-you-don’t-know-where-I-live-but-definitely-do-because-I-geotag-my-apartment-on-Instagram kind of way.
- Sunglasses: Chloé (last seen here, buy similar here)
- Blouse: Diane Von Furstenberg (buy it here for 50% off)
- Shorts: Forever 21 (buy similar here, love the scalloped version here)
- Coat: Max Mara (last seen here, sold out online but shop more cocoon coats here)
- Purse: Bottega Veneta (last seen here, sold out in dark brown but buy in tan here or black here)
- Shoes: Madison Harding (last seen here, buy em here for 50% off)