When traveling, I always try to keep in mind two equally important goals: 1) catch whichever mode of transportation I have booked without causing myself or others any physical or emotional damage (I’d say I’m okay at this one) and 2) resemble a celebrity who is only sitting in coach for a role she is researching (say, Kristen Wiig in Bridesmaids. Help me, I’m poor).
Luckily, traveling-celebrity-wear closely resembles homeless-woman-wear, but considerably more expensive, and my wardrobe is full of hobo-chic essentials that make the second travel goal much more attainable than the first (come and get it gentlemen, am I right?) Here, I layer some beloved extremely overpriced studded sweatpants, a friends’ deceptively-structured-but-totally-made-out-of-sweatpant-material-jacket, an oversized purse which will soon be crammed full of excessive magazine and candy purchases from Hudson News, and a hat that very effectively hides Sunday morning hair while also parlaying the message that I am from New York and probably don’t want to speak to you.
Ta-da! Just add at least 3 tiny bottles of airplane wine and I’m definitely drunk, and almost famous.
- Sunnies: Illesteva (last seen here, buy em here)
- Hat: NY Street Vendor (buy it here)
- T Shirt: J Crew (my favorite basics are J Crew tees. Last seen here, buy it here)
- Jacket: Theory (borrowed from a fellow traveling bestie, buy it here for 50% off)
- Sweats: Markus Lupfer (studded version sold out online, get the printed version here)
- Purse: Reed Krakoff (last seen here, buy it here)
- Shoes: Necessary Clothing (last seen here, buy similar here or here on the cheap)