As much as I love summer, fall is 100% my favorite season to dress for. Layers make everything better: that basic getup, that late night hamburger, that boring black dress. This black dress, speaking of, is anything but boring. A $24.95 find from Forever 21, it embodies the classic mantra of business in the front, party in the back, although in this case it’s more business on the right, party on the left, making for all sorts of lopsided meetings and haphazard dance moves.
Combined with a beloved military jacket (other toppers in this fall’s rotation include a denim jacket, my favorite leather, and a chic cape), structured basics like this one are exactly what I plan to wear all autumn. This past week, I wore this dress to the office with a cropped, printed blazer and to Sunday Funday with an oversized sweater. Because you know what else fall is great for? Bottomless bloody Marys. And #sports.
Photos by Olivia Edwards.
- Sunnies: Prada (last seen here, buy em here)
- Jacket: Ann Taylor LOFT (last fall, buy this season’s here, similar here or here)
- Dress: Forever 21 (buy similar here from Express or here from Rachel Roy
- Purse: Alexander Wang (last seen here, buy it here)
- Shoes: Necessary Clothing (buy em here)