For someone who considers herself a moderately fashion-conscious individual, I tend to gravitate disproportionately to outfits that would be just as well (if not better) suited on a toddler-aged boy. My secret to making these getups resemble age and gender appropriate wear for a sort-of adult chick?
Boobs. Heels. And also boobs.
When rocking a Kindergarden-friendly Canadian tuxedo (faded jean jacket, white cut-off tee, and cropped, loose, pin-striped pants) it’s very important to let your accessories do the talking to ensure you are indeed woman (hear you roar). Thus, I present to you, the perfect outfit for an impromptu, Monday dinner date in the hood: one part my most comfortable denim, one part super-easy-to-walk in stacked heeled sandals, and a whole lotta parts Chanel and Chardonnay. Shake well and drink responsibly.
Outfit credits after the jump.
- Sunnies: Oliver Peoples (last seen here, buy em here)
- Tee: Zara (buy it here)
- Jacket: Vintage Levis, borrowed (perhaps permanently) from the roommate (buy similar here)
- Belt: Vintage Chanel via Babushka Bogo (last seen here, digging this neutral option)
- Jeans: Current Elliot (in white here, more excellent boyfriend jeans here and here)
- Purse: Vintage Chanel (last seen here, via Eleven Consignment Boutique)
- Sandals: Zara (buy similar here or here)